Today is the day!!! The second edition of my book, A Teenager’s Perspective on Food Restrictions: A Practical Guide to Keep from Going Crazy, is now ready to be purchased!
The first edition was created after I struggled with chronic joint inflammation for five years and had been changing my diet for nearly two years to eliminate the daily pain. Through this part of my journey, I was never able to shake the feeling of loneliness. I longed for a community of teenagers who could understand what I was going through and offer me advice, but I couldn’t find one.
My mom suggested I write a book in May 2013 and I released the first edition in August 2013. Through the next few months, the book received several positive reviews and I began blogging! I was proud of what I had accomplished but I knew I had more to offer and that is when the second edition was started.
The second edition is a combination of the blog posts, recipes, personal stories, all new material, and original content from the first edition. Altogether, the length has doubled.
The second edition will include…
- An updated version of my story
- A “warning” about the reality of food restrictions as a teen
- How to stay motivated through a restrictive diet
- How to maintain a social life (dating, friends, planning ect.)
- How to go to school with food restrictions
- Additional advice
- Two other teenagers sharing their story
- Colin with Type 1 Diabetes
- Justin with Crohn’s Disease
- Two recipes
- Coconut StrApple Bars
- Dairy-Free Mango Banana Ice Cream
- And Much More!
You can purchase A Teenager’s Perspective on Food Restrictions: A Practical Guide to Keep from Going Crazy as a(n)…
- ebook from Amazon for $1.99
- paperback from Amazon for $6.99 (free shipping with Amazon Prime)
- PDF for $1.99 (use the coupon “FIRST WEEK” from April 21st-28th to get 50% off)
- ebook from Barnes and Noble for $1.99
Want to preview the book before buying it? Click here to read My Story and one section from the Reality and Motivation chapters.
And finally… the GIVEAWAY!!! Thanks to help of four great companies, I am giveaway an autographed copy of my book, a titanium spork, a Kleen Kanteen water bottle, Thermos BPA free water bottle, a 10 oz. stainless steel food Thermos, and two U Konserve stainless steel containers. All of these items are perfect for school lunches if you are a child with food restrictions and have a total value of $90! Go to Edible Attitudes’ Facebook page to enter! Your chance to win them for free last from today (April 21st) to April 29th at 12 a.m. central time zone. A winner will be selected and contacted on April 30th. Prizes will only be shipped within the United States – Sorry!
***Don’t forget to enter in the giveaway to win 6 amazing prizes and an autographed copy of my book!